Monday, October 7, 2013

New in..... On the High End!



Good morning fellows!

Lately I have been exploring my area and discovered some nice little places. Being on the West side of London, means nice wee shops, cafe shops, as well as many mini markets with healthy and organic food.
On the other hand many things if not all of them are overpriced! The very positive part of it though, is the goodie-goodies that you can find on charity shops around here. What I mean for goodies? Well, the nice branded item for a decent price and in very good condition.

I did notice that Charity shops across the country have raised their prices due to the new clientele. It used to be students and people on the low budget as well as the bargain hunters, now, thanks to the economic meltdown we start to  see people that wouldn't have come around before 2008, that can still afford to pay a bit more than let's say, me for example! So now prices are higher and charity shops start to have a more TopShop window style as well as spending  more in decoration and completely defeating the purpose of its existence. :-(

Today though, I don't want to talk about my frustrations of charity shops losing their way but the few bargains that I and you can still find if looking carefully! 
In the last two weeks or so I have found quite a few items of good quality brands for a reasonable price!

1) The first item is the MaxMara Blazer, I found that cutie in Edinburgh more or less 3 weeks ago on the Cancer Resarch UK in Tollcross. It was for £19.95. I love it! It’s warm practical and has a feminine cut that accentuate the curves! The colour is just perfect for the fall too ;-)
2) Gucci belt! I found this real bargain at Armstrong & Son Vintage shop in Edinburgh, the one on Grassmarket. It was for only £4!! Not sure if they didn't realize what brand it was or if it's the usual price for belts. the fact is.... did my research and it's a genuine Gucci item :-D.
3) Black See by ChloĆ© jeans, found it at Traid a recycling focused shop at two steps from me on Westbourn Grove. Paid £12.99 and it is in great condition. 
4) The last entry is the Ralph Lauren skinny jeans. They were a bit more expensive; £16. I got them at the Trinity Hospice Shop on Queensway. Very good condition and it looks like it has been barely used.
 I know that for being charity shop, both jeans are over the usual price, mainly the one that I'm used to from Edinburgh for an average of £4 to £5!! On the other hand, they come from good quality designer Maisons.


Aaand.... they are in good condition! I know that I am repeating myself on this point but a funny event that happened two weeks ago really made me appreciate it. I was in the Belgravia area and was just browsing shops. went to a few ones and trying one jeans after the other, I noticed that many of them were ripped on the inner thigh area. In one particular shop there was a nice J Brand jeans, tried them on and noticed this damage. Went to talk to the lady that works there and asked her if she realized, she said yes and said that being a high end brand they are very expensive when bought new!! I mean.... who would be so silly to buy damage item for £10 only because the are "Branded" is just ridicules.  She was just looking at me in a way... like...<<Daahhh, they are branded and therefore I will sell them even if ripped>> 




 



Anyway....  What have your experience been on charity shops? Have you found any brand bargains? Any ripped or damage clothes being sold only for its name??!!

Have a nice week :o)
Ciao Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment