Sunday, October 6, 2013

back to London and hello vintage!

I'm back in the capital for my final year at uni, not sure yet if I should be happy or sad but let's put this decision aside for the moment.
One of the biggest difficulties of having a environmentally and sweatshop free fashion life style is accessories. Most of shops don't even bother writing where they are made and the ones who do usually have India, Bangladesh, China and so on on the tag, which is the direct translation of sweatshop.

I mean, jewellery is a big statement and complement outfits, from making a simple shirt, skinnies and heels the most boring and casual outfit to a very classy and sophisticated one. where to find them though?
Charity shops tend to have the bijoux that are just out of trend, old or miss that little detail to make them special, in other words sometimes they can be just plain dull. Vintage on the other hand, is more intriguing but being all about old stuff it is difficult to find something that can fall into the latest must haves.
I am not saying that I am a maniac of the last trends and that I change my wardrobe every season (I wish I could!!) I'm just saying that sometimes is nice to update a bit, mainly now that I am completely in love with the super sparkly fake diamond necklaces by Anthropologie, I mean they are just gorgeous! 

Anyway.... today I went to the York Hall in Bethanel Green at the kilo vintage fair. Must say that I was very disappointed but at the same time I could have expected it. most of the clothes were just, sorry for the word, garbage; huge stains, holes, cut, ripped, you name it! I love vintage but there is such a thing as good vintage and bad vintage, today I saw a lot of the second kind.
Said that, I went with some expectation but not to much regarding the clothes but really wanted to have a look at the jewellery which was mainly by Vitoria Vintage jewellery. I bit expensive but check what I manage to grab being squeezed between savages shoppers!

On the far right is the brooch, the main part of the purchase, I intend to use it as a necklace with the help of the other necklace on the far left ( mainly reason why I bought that one!!). naturally I took inspiration as said before by the Anthropologie ones, the ring right in front of it with the big blue stone is another addition to the super big fake diamond collection! believe it or not the bracelet is gold plated, real bargain that one! as the other are just some cuties that I could not resist!! The silver tiny ring on the gold bracelet was only 40p, how awesome is that?!!



So what do you think? and most important, if you like me, have left behind the orthodox shopping life, how do you go about choosing your bling-blings??!!

Have a nice Sunday everybody :o)
Ciao Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment